Please note that all screen shots displayed in this blog are works in progress and in no way represent the appearance of the final game. Check out the main site here.

Be sure to follow us everywhere with these links!



Friday, October 15, 2010

Colours! The beautiful colours!



Hello again everyone! I've been doing some more work on the outdoor terrain generation algorithm for The Sword of Ahkranox while Ordinary Obscurity tackles the MASSIVE amount of art that I've assigned to them (I feel bad, but they seem to be enjoying it so far, so that's good).

Anyway, as you can see from the screen capture, I've gotten height adaptive texturing working! So depending on the height of each individual square in the "world", it will receive a different texture, from sandy beach to snow-capped peaks.

I've also done some tweaking to build plateaus and valleys more effectively, which I'm still working on... It'll look better soon.

Anywhoo, you may or may not notice the the world is still slightly blocky, but that is because The Sword of Ahkranox is a GRID-BASED first person shooter, like the classic Might & Magic games of old, only all 3D and totally awesome... Also... Side note... I'm currently using SUPER low res textures until I get it working perfectly... Just to reassure you...

Well, I'll give you more updates once it's looking heaps better.

Ta ta!

2 comments:

  1. haha well that looks awesome! :) see now that I have a blogspot i can follow you :)
    and this art list has been so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaay! I like that you're having fun :)

    ReplyDelete