Please note that all screen shots displayed in this blog are works in progress and in no way represent the appearance of the final game. Check out the main site here.

Be sure to follow us everywhere with these links!



Saturday, December 11, 2010

Versiones Tres


So I've been working on version 3 of the dungeon generation algorithm and lately it's actually running the same algorithm on about 1/15th the amount of code of the last version (woo!)

This time around, I am building the dungeon entirely in memory first, then thoroughly checking it for anomalies, then fixing said anomalies in memory first, THEN building the dungeon in 3D.

Seems to be working a lot better now, though I still have one or two small creases to work out. But one thing's for sure, I don't have the staircase intersection problem any more!

Progress. Smells good.

Over the Christmas break I'll be doing more work on it, but I'm also currently working on an arcade game for the gaming lounge I run with my wife, and also a virtual reality system (virtual reality dungeon adventuring? Hmm.....)

So stay tuned! More updates soon! And hopefully we'll be seeing some more artwork from Ordinary Obscurity soon!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment