Please note that all screen shots displayed in this blog are works in progress and in no way represent the appearance of the final game. Check out the main site here.

Be sure to follow us everywhere with these links!



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Communication Breakdown

So the A.I has been giving me hell all day. All of the stats and A.I decisions of each enemy are handled in the memory space and then translated to the 3D space. However, somewhere between one and the other there is a small communication breakdown that I can't seem to find, and it's making small anomolies that, when extrapolated, mean that monsters sometimes decide to walk through walls and other obstacles. Now, I've tried working it out (which has led to a few new console commands for you guys to play with when the game comes out) but so far I haven't had any luck...

More info when I DO have some luck with it! I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing, I just need to find out what!

No comments:

Post a Comment