Just a quick update for tonight. Three things on the menu.
Firstly, I've changed the lights a little. Instead of being statue-like lights that can block the path of the player, now the lights hang from the ceiling in these delicate cast iron webs. Much prettier and they don't impede the player at all!
In this screenshot, you can also see the latest rendition of the User Interface, with a few more thanks and songs of praise to Scott Cameron for his suggestions on that.
Secondly, there is a new terrain object that the player will be able to find things inside of. Pots!
Yeah, I know, pretty dodgy looking models at the moment, but remember that all of the assets in the game so far are temporary fixtures while I get the engine working perfectly, so bear with me!
And finally, you'll notice that to the right there is a public to do list. I've decided to make this public since it will then make me accountable for my work! It's not finished yet, but you'll see it grow (and then hopefully shrink) over time!