So, as promised, here are a couple of videos showing off some of the new things I've been working on!
- New player voice packs by Rebeka Thomas and Samuel Drake
- A fully functional magic system (though still with temporary spell effects)
- "Spell Book" menu
- New sounds for various things
- "Death Cam" feature (a nod to my programming idol, John Carmack)
A couple of things to note with the videos:
- Spell effects will be MUCH prettier in the final version
- When the magical projectiles hit the monsters, there will be some sort of effect that plays around the monster to show that they have been hit
- All of the monsters are currently using the same sound pack, I know, but that is just until all of the monster sound packs are complete. Steven Kelly is voicing the Ork and Goblin, Samuel Drake the Zombie and Imp, myself the Minotaur and Lizardman and Kell Pressnell the Ogre.
- I'm aware of the player weapon animation bug, and am actively working to fix it
- In one of the videos, the death cam feature was finished and in the other one it was not, so I'm sorry about that.
- Blood effects for when the enemy gets hit by the player are still on the way!
- The volumes of various sounds are still being sorted out, and I know that some are far too loud/quiet at the moment.
- The inventory graphics haven't been set up to work for both male and female characters yet, so that is still happening.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy these vids! The first is a very intense dungeon brawl to show off the new combat, voice acting and death cam features, and the second video is an extended gameplay video to show off how the game is coming along as a whole.
Insane Combat Encounter:
Extra-Long Gameplay Video:
Enjoy, and I'll be back soon with more cool stuff!